The careers in medicine website from the AAMC has many useful tools for students. Some of the key tabs are highlighted below. The Career RoadMap that you have been provided is aligned with the AAMC website.
- Choose Your Specialty Tab
- Understanding Yourself
- Take the Self-Assessments
- Prepare for Residency Tab
- Helps you find and research programs
- Tips for applying and interviewing
- Match process
- Shape Your Career Tab
- Provides information on type of practice and professional development
- Provides information on alternative career options in the health professions for physicians
There are a number of CIM assessments that will try to help answer one main question, detailed below.
- Medical Specialty Preference Inventory (MSPI): What do I like to do?
- Physician Values in Practice Scale (PVIPS): What in medicine is personally meaningful and satisfying to me?
- Physician Skills Inventory (PSI): What am I good at?
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and Keirsey Temperament Score (MBTI / KTS): What are my natural preferences?
- Specialty Indecision Scale (SIS): How do I start? Why can’t I decide?