The Penn State Center for Primary Care is a multidisciplinary group of faculty members and staff committed to creating collaborative solutions to academic and community-based education, health professions development and local health needs of the Commonwealth and nation by mobilizing academic resources of the institution to:
- Enhance the integrity of primary care as an academic discipline. Creation of an environment that integrates primary care faculty members into the academic culture of the organization.
- Support of a comprehensive curriculum that incorporates community-based experiences.
- Improve the recruitment, distribution, and retention of needed health care providers.
- Promote research that enhances community health.
- Support cooperative efforts between agriculture and medical sciences to address special health issues of rural populations.
- Provide an environment that cultivates interest and excellence in primary care and community-based medicine