The Office of Student Affairs at Penn State College of Medicine, under the Office of Educational Affairs, is committed to supporting the educational mission of the medical school for MD students. The staff provides and supports a wide variety of programs and resources that enhance student experience and development, including career planning, support for clubs and organizations, counseling services, student mentorship programs, support for disability/insurance services and more. The staff is personally committed to the success of each student in their path to specialty selection and graduation.
Student Affairs Services
Services provided through Student Affairs include:
- Personal advising
- Academic advising and support
- Career advising
- Letters of recommendation for scholarships and awards
- MSPE, Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) support
- Planning and coordination of orientation, Match, graduation events and student programs
- Careers in Medicine
- Wellness program
- Student governance and student organizations
- Student leadership support
- Referrals to other resources students may need
The “Red Folder” guide was produced by Penn State’s Student Affairs/Counseling and Psychological Services and Commonwealth Fee Board, and updated with Hershey-specific information by the Office for Student Mental Health and Counseling at Penn State College of Medicine.
The folder is a quick-reference guide to help students recognize, respond to and refer distressed classmates.
For Campus Safety and Security: Call 717-531-8888 or 911
For the Penn State Crisis Line: Call 877-229-6400 (this service offers 24/7 confidential support by licensed mental health counselors)