All University Manor Apartments provide both wired and wireless data connectivity through AT&T Wireless Services.
Appropriate virus protection is required before accessing the internet. If you need antivirus software, it can be downloaded at no charge via the Penn State ITS Downloads page.
Jump to topic
Connectivity issues should be referred to the IT Help Desk at 717-531-6281.
Upon calling the Help Desk, inform the representative that you are unable to connect to the internet. Explain whether this is a wireless connection, or if it is a wired connection (a device plugged into one of the wall ports in your apartment). Be sure to have the hardware or MAC address of your device available to give to the technician. The Technical Support representative will determine if the problem is isolated to your jack/connection or related to a general internet issue.
If there are multiple internet connections experiencing problems, a call will be placed at a higher service level to the appropriate IT team. The response to this higher service level requires 4 business hours to respond and 1 business day to resolve the problem.
- Manor East — Wired internet connections can only be established by connecting to the network jack located in each bedroom. Connect a network cable (Note: The network cable is not provided and must be supplied by the Tenant) to your device and the appropriate jack labeled “B” (upper left hand corner of junction box). The jack labeled “A” is for connecting a telephone. The jack labeled “C” is not used. The common area will no longer support a wired Internet connection, except in three bedroom apartments.
- Manor West – To access the internet, connect a network cable (Note: The network cable is not provided and must be supplied by the Tenant) to your device and the appropriate jack labeled “A” (upper left hand corner of junction box). The jack labeled “B” is for connecting a telephone. The jack labeled “C” is not used.
- After connecting to the correct wall jack, open your web browser. You should be automatically re- directed to the AT&T Wi-Fi Welcome Page. If not, attempt to load a public website, such as www.google.com. At the AT&T Wi-Fi Welcome Page, follow the on-screen instructions, and accept the Terms of Service. You’re now connected!
- Start with your Wi-Fi enabled device turned off
- Turn on your Wi-Fi enabled device and make sure Wi-Fi is enabled.
- Select the attwifi wireless network.
- Open your web browser. You should be automatically redirected to the AT&T Wi-Fi Welcome Page. if not, attempt to load a public website, such as http://neverssl.com.
- At the AT&T Wi-Fi Welcome Page, follow the on-screen instructions and accept the Terms of Service
- You’re now connected!
For technical support, call the Help Desk at 717-531-6281
Wireless connection to the PSHMC Network inside of the University Manor East and University Manor West housing complexes is available through the Remote Access Portal (RAP). Resources can be reached directly while inside the main building complex at PSCOM/HMC.
Applications accessible on the RAP on a per-user basis. Access to the RAP is limited to valid ePass account owners.
In order to access the Remote Access Portal (RAP) you must first complete DUO Security Enrollment.
- Access to PSHMC resources is via a Remote Access Portal (RAP). To access the RAP type the following in your browser’s address field: https://access.pennstatehershey.net
- You will be prompted for your ePass credentials, followed by the prompt for DUO authentication as explained in item 1. If you have any questions or experience any issues with your password or access to this site, call the Technical Support Center at 6281.
- A list of available applications, System Requirements, and a Remote Access Troubleshooting guide can be found on the Harrell Library website.
Listed below are the applicable policies governing tenant use and access to the Internet and other PSHMC resources.