University Manor is a housing complex situated on the campus of Penn State College of Medicine at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. University Manor apartments are divided into two sections, University Manor East and University Manor West. University Manor East consists of 248 garden-style apartments. There are 24 one-bedroom apartments, 208 two-bedroom apartments, and 16 three-bedroom apartments. University Manor West consists of 31 four-bedroom (furnished) apartments. The four-bedroom suites have a closed hallway separating the bedrooms from the living area, allowing privacy to each tenant. All of the apartments are solidly constructed, designed to make them as soundproof and fireproof as possible.
Jump to topic
The University Manor East (UME) student housing complex is reserved for postgraduate students and their families. All UME apartments are unfurnished, but are supplied with the following amenities:
- Electric Range
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Electric water heater
- Electric forced air heat and air conditioning.
- Wall to wall carpeting in bedrooms and common areas.
- Mini-blinds for each bedroom window.
- Dacron sheer draperies in the living room. An additional traverse rod is also installed for tenants to hang additional draperies as they desire.
UME housing complex consists of 248 student apartments. The complex is made up of the following apartment types:
- 24 one-Bedroom apartments are available to one single student with no children, a married student with no children, or two domestic partners with no children.
- 208 two-Bedroom apartments are available to two single students (shared unit), married students with no more than one child or without children, or two domestic partners with no more than one child or without children.
- 16 three-Bedroom apartments are available only to married students with at least two but no more than three children, or domestic partners with at least two or no more than three children.
The University Manor West (UMW) student housing complex consists of 31 four-bedroom apartments and is reserved for single or unaccompanied students attending Penn State’s College of Medicine or College of Nursing. UMW apartments are furnished (including window treatments), but tenants will need to bring some items. Check the list of items you can/can’t bring to University Manor West.
To be eligible to lease a University Manor East or University Manor West apartment the applicant must be:
- A full time Medical, Graduate, Physician Assistant, or Nursing Student; or,
- A Medical Resident, Post-Doctoral Fellow, or Visiting Scholar; or,
- Otherwise approved by the Dean’s Office.
The University reserves the right to deny or cancel a Housing lease for University-provided housing to an individual whose conduct and/or proven criminal record indicates a potential threat or danger to the University community, including students, campus residents, faculty, staff, guests, and visitors.
Single or unaccompanied students attending a program at the Medical Center or College of Medicine will be provided housing in University Manor West student housing complex on a space-available basis. Short term housing is considered six months or less. UMW apartments are furnished (including window treatments), but tenants will need to bring some items. Check the list of items you can/can’t bring to University Manor West.
All maximum occupancy rates include guests.
- 1-Bedroom Apartment – 2 people
- 2-Bedroom Apartment (Shared) – 3 people
- 2-Bedroom Apartment (Whole) – 3 people
- 3-Bedroom Apartment – 5 people
Costs and Fees
The applicant will forfeit the $100 advance housing payment if request for cancellation is received later than 7 days after the lease has been validated.
July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021
1-Bedroom Apartment – $995 per month ($200 security deposit)
2-Bedroom Apartment with Washer/Dryer (Whole) – $1,190 per month ($200 security deposit)
2-Bedroom Apartment with Washer/Dryer (Shared) – $595 per month ($150 security deposit)
3-Bedroom Apartment (Whole) – $1,340 per month ($200 security deposit)
4-Bedroom Apartment (Shared) – $605 per month ($150 security deposit)
Nursing, Fall 2020-Spring 2021 – $2,676 per semester
A security deposit is required to reserve the apartment prior to occupancy and should be sent to the Housing Office once a letter of assignment has been received. The deposit shall be regarded as security for the care and safe keeping of the premises by tenant, return of the original keys to the Housing Office upon vacating the apartment, and payment of rent and other charges when due.