The Pathology Interest Group is dedicated in providing diverse opportunities that will enhance interest in pathology among Penn State College of Medicine students.
- To educate members about different career topics in pathology such as various specialties, work environments, and career trajectories
- To provide learning opportunities in pathology for students such as introductory histology sessions, pathology-based USMLE review sessions, and relevant educational field trips or tours
- To promote clinical skills sessions such as autopsy shadowing/scribing, slide conferences, and reading pathology reports
- To introduce students to research and funding opportunities available through the Department of Pathology and external sources
- To encourage students to become involved in service projects initiated by the club
- Autopsy viewings (shadowing and scribing)
- Career exploration, networking, and social events
- Educational events (histology reviews, interesting case presentations, forensic talks, and reading a pathology report)
- Research panels to learn individual and group research opportunities
- Skills nights (fine needle aspiration, dissections, and commonly used techniques in pathology)
- Service projects (blood and bone marrow donation)
If you would like to learn more about our organization or if you would like to get involved, please feel free to contact any of the officers.