PHASE (Public Health Association for Service and Education) is Penn State Department of Public Health Sciences’ student-led public health service organization.
Jump to topic
More About PHASE
- Increase public health literacy through education, advocacy, PHASE-sponsored events and community service
- Provide members with the opportunity to engage with and give back to the community
- Develop professional skills and relevant public health experience
- Formally recognized student organization at Penn State
- Voting member of the Student Assembly at Penn State College of Medicine
- Student-led, full membership in PHASE is open to all faculty, staff, and degree-seeking students at Penn State College of Medicine. Non-degree students also may participate in PHASE as non-voting, ad-hoc members
- Public Health Day: The annual Penn State Public Health Day showcases public health and the role of students and practicing professionals in the future of public health.
- National Public Health Week: NPHW is an event sponsored by PHASE to help spark discussion about current public health issues and concerns. Informational posters on public health topics are displayed in the hospital lobby throughout the week, followed by a reception with faculty/staff.
- E-board positions
- PHASE student council positions
- Take initiative in the community
- Ronald McDonald House
- Paxton Street Ministries
- Bethesda Mission
- Participate in National Public Health Week
- Participate in Public Health Day Symposium
- Attend professional development lectures given by the Public Health Sciences career counselor