The Internal Medicine Interest Group (IMIG) is a student-run organization at Penn State College of Medicine that focuses on the field of internal medicine as well as the numerous subspecialties of internal medicine.
- To provide information and educational opportunities to medical students about the field of internal medicine, including internal medicine subspecialties
- To plan events in which students can practice skills and network with residents and physicians, with the goal of expanding their knowledge of the medical field, specifically in regards to potential internal medicine career paths
- To work with the American College of Physicians (ACP) to promote student membership and involvement in local and national events
The IMIG is active throughout the year and plans events to promote engagement of medical students.
- Physician panel lunch lectures
- Skills nights
- ACP dinner with local physicians
- Peer and physician mentorship
- Lions Chasing Zebras (LCZ) diagnosis game
To receive updates on events and other Internal Medicine Interest Group news, email Caroline Eisele at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMIG is sponsored by the American College of Physicians.