PULSE Constitution of The Pennsylvania State College of Medicine at the Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Article I: Purpose
The purpose of PULSE shall be to interact with high school students from surrounding communities in order to foster an interest in medicine through interactive lectures, problem based learning sessions, and shadowing opportunities. Penn State students will be an integral part of the chosen students’ learning experience by acting as mentors and case facilitators throughout the course. In doing so, it is our goal to enrich the students’ current approach to acquiring knowledge in scientific endeavors, to enhance critical thinking skills, and to provide important information for educational options and career paths in medicine.
Article II: Membership
Membership in PULSE shall be open to all faculty and full-time degree seeking students attending the Pennsylvania State College of Medicine at The Milton S. Hershey Medical Center.
Article III: Officers and Elections
- President: The President shall arrange and preside over all meetings and shall oversee and provide guidance for the activities of the organization. The president is also responsible for all communication between the organization and the Student Assembly board, including but not limited to submissions for weekly event calendar and submission of incoming officer list to Student Affairs.
- Vice President: The Vice President shall organize and operate all membership recruitment activities, shall act in place of the President in his/her absence. In the event that this position is not filled, the duties will become responsibility of the Secretary.
- Secretary: The Secretary shall document all meetings and activities, maintain a photographical record of activities, and provide necessary correspondence among the group. In the event that this position is not filled, the duties will become the responsibility of the Treasurer.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer shall be responsible for all financial matters including funding of any social and educational meetings. In the event that this position is not filled, the duties will become responsibility of the Secretary and/or Vice President.
- Other: The officer board may add or remove any additional officer position as they deem necessary for effective function of PULSE. The duties of these officers will be decided upon by the current officer board.
Article IV: Meetings
The president and/or a majority of the leadership board may call board and/or membership meetings at any time. The officers shall assemble to plan and prepare for the successful completion of no less than two activities per year.
Article VII: Amendments
The constitution may be amended by a two-thirds vote of PULSE’s officer board.